Serious Work for Serious Issues
(5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews)
Hypnotic Interventions By Terence Watts
29 amazing healing scripts included.
Entire working methodolgies covered in detail.
This exceptional book provides step-by-step guidance to working effectively with several distressing conditions, including catastophic illness and such difficult to treat conditions as Tinnitus and High Blood Pressure.
There is a lot of difference between a hypnotic intervention and a simple script:
- A script simply addresses the presenting difficulty in an almost 'head on' fashion. Even though it might be 'craftily vague' it still is a prefabricated script which relies on the best associated pre-talk the therapist can manage. Even at its best, this methodology falls short of what is possible to achieve for your client.
- An intervention provides a build-up, a preparation of the client that increases knowledge, expectation and belief. It is not simple information-gathering but a carefully formed structure that is built from the exact requirements of the client. This is one of the most client-centred therapies available.
All the interventions in this book have a base in the real world and do not rely on esoteric or spiritual beliefs to work, though where it is established that the client does have a strong spiritual belief system, it is brought to bear - it is a powerful force not to be missed. Each procedure takes account of the client's personality type, their spiritual or logical orientation, their understanding of their condition and their ability to contribute to their own healing. It also includes a highly effective Client Preparation and Subconscious Tune procedure to ensure the highest chance of success.
Eight of the ten interventions given here are for physical difficulties which can be notoriously difficult to work with, while the remaining two are for crippling emotional issues that can sometimes prove intractable. The conditions are:
- Cancer: we cannot offer any form of cure or ability to 'send it into remission' (although it sometimes happens); all we can do is provide some palliative care in the form of deep relaxation (which has been shown to considerably extend life or useful life) along with a positive and forward looking attitude. It is, of course, well known that a positive attitude in the subconscious can create beneficial changes in the physical body and just sometimes... especially when you employ some of the immune system enhancement techniques covered here.
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases - IBD: This is not to be confused with IBS, which is an entirely different concept; IBD is one of several catastrophic illnesses which include Crohn's disease and Ulcerative Colitis. We can use knowledgeable information to allay the greatest trigger of stress, FEAR, along with acceptance techniques and visualisation to provide a long-term management plan.
- IBS: Not an illness at all, but a set of symptoms that can cause more misery than many non-sufferers could begin to realise, with social embarrassment, inhibited sex-life, acute abdominal pain and bloating, and constant anxiety. While a 'cure' is reportedly not available, this comes very close to it.
- Fertility problems: We often can provide a proper 'fix' for infertility. Once it has been established that there is no medical reason for the failure we can be optimistic of success, we can use a combination of knowledgeable information, cognitive work, creative visualisation and other methodologies.
- Tinnitus: There is no 'cure' as such for Tinnitus, though an excellent client with a capable therapist will often feel that one has been found. We can use a variety of different techniques to provide help for the client, though extra information might be required to work with particularly severe cases.
- Hypertension: High blood pressure affects huge numbers of people at some point in their life, especially in their later years.We take a holistic view of the problem and help the client to understand that it is not an 'illness' but simply a transient physical condition which they can change. One of the most important facets is to get the client working proactively to reduce their BP to as near 'normal' as possible
- Insomnia: It is important when we work with this condition that we establish that a thorough medical examination has been conducted initially, and ideally, that some sort of diagnosis has been delivered. If it is considered to be purely a psychological problem, then we can often produce amazing changes.
- Pain Management: Pain is greatly misunderstood, even sometimes by doctors, unless they have specialised in some way. Relieving the symptom can be difficult and what we do in this intervention is provide enlightenment first, then follow up with some powerful therapy that will empower the client to get control of their discomfort.
- Social Phobia: This illness takes so many forms that almost always come down to the same root... self-esteem. But it is a specific type of self-esteem problem and needs a specific style of therapy if a lasting result is to be achieved.
- Random Panic Attacks: The Random Panic Attack is often misunderstood and althoguh regression to cause or hypnoanlaysis can help, this intervention provides a viable and effective alternative style of therapy.
Step by Step
Step by Step procedures are given for each intervention, from the specialised Intake Form to the end of a successful therapy. Some are intended as a three session therapy (including the intake), perhaps to be followed up by one or two confirmation sessions if necessary; others are designed to be conducted over a period of time, in order to allow the client to create the new neurological pathways that are necessary for sustained success.
With a total of ten Interventions and twenty-nine exceptional scripts across 150 pages, this book provides an invaluable tool for the professional therapist.
"Valuable to have in libra"
Michele Goulding on 06-11-2018
"Professionally written bo"
Elizabeth Hollywood on 04-11-2018
"Impeccable customer servi"
Summer Mead on 11-09-2018
Avril Boyce on 22-10-2017
"This is an excellent book"
Trish Marin on 02-10-2017